BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, June 20, 2008

Been a loooong time!

Wow so much has been going on! I dont even know where to start. Ok lets start with the kids. Robyn has been very sick for 8 days now. 102+ fevers, barely able to stay awake long enough to eat, rash on her face. It hasnt been fun. Took her to the hosp on Monday and they ran some blood tests and did a chest xray which were all good. So they sent us home thinking it was only a virus. Now keep in mind I told them she had a tick on her a few weeks ago but for whatever reason they decided not to test her for lyme. So ok since Monday the rash shows up and fever just wont quit so last nite I said enough is enough we need answers and we need them NOW so back to the hosp we went. Pat came with us because Josh and Angelinas bowling league (we’ll talk more about that in a bit) started last nite. So we get there and they check her in and the Dr was such a dick. He acted like he couldnt see a rash and like I was just a worried Mom but to humor me he finally ordered a lyme test and some other tests. In comes the nurse to do a catheter (yeah that is NOT fun on a 2 yr old) and shes like “Wow she has a rash!” um no! Ya think? So she calls the Dr out on it and he finally “sees” it. So urine test and 9 vials of blood and we wait. Urine comes back fine. Blood looks ok but the lyme takes 24 hours for the first one and then 2 WEEKS for the second. They give her a huge ass shot of antibiotics in her leg to fight off whatever it is and on our way we go with no more answers than we had when we got there. Finally this afternoon I call to get the lyme result and its POSITIVE! I KNEW SOMETHING WAS WRONG WITH MY KID! I mean seriously. I know my kids. So yes lyme is bad but atleast we know what she has and we can treat it. Shes on 28 days of antibiotics now and motrin for fever and muscle pain and hopefully in less than a week she will be starting to feel better. Poor baby. Now all 3 kids have had lyme. Damn ticks! Ok so now bowling! The plan was we were going to go me and Angelina as team 1 and Wayne and Josh as team 2 but since I was at the hosp they just teamed up the 3 of them. They had a blast and cant wait to go back next week! Hopefully Robyn will feel better so I can go too. They didnt really get any talking time with other kids because Wayne said it was so out of control but I still think it will be good for them and I told them if they really like it and stick with it I will buy them their own balls, bags and shoes when its over in 10 weeks! Ebay here we come LMAO! Lets see what else havent I updated on. Oh Salem and the babies. Ok this is going to be a long one. Salem was doing great with Nigel, Arthur and Felix and then all of a sudden about a week ago 2am Wayne and I wake up to Salem gasping for air. She was in respiratory distress and was basically dieing. Called T and Donna and made a quick video of Salem so they could see what was going on and theyhad me give her a couple shots of albuteral with the inhaler. It took about 2 hours but finally she was breathing better and fell asleep with her boys but we knew she was so sick she had to be separated from them so she could get antibiotics and get better. So now we had Salem away from the boys and Im sitting here trying to get them to bottle feed which just wasnt working so what do we do? Finally Wayne said ok lets try to find a Mama so we called the guy who we got Felix and Arthur from and he agreed to give us their Mama BUT we had to take her other 6 babies with her which we did. Anyway now a week later the babies r all doing GREAT and Salem is feeling much better. The new Mamas name is Angel and shes very scared but shes a really great Mama. Including Felix, Arthur and Nigel we have 7 boys and 2 girls! The plan is to keep the 3 boys and the 2 girls and find a home for the other 4 boys. *keep in mind I said “plan” which means it could change at any time lmao!* Anyway thats all the news here and Im going to eat dinner and watch Ghost Hunters I didnt get to see Wednesday! Till later folks!

0 comments: