BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A/C, sand, pools, Georgia, birthdays - blah blah blah

Wow I dont know about everyone else but the heat these past few days has been killing me! My body isnt built for this shit! Im a Connecticut Yankee born and raised. I dont do 95+ temps hey! So the day before yesterday Wayne went hunting for an a/c. 12 years weve lived in this house without an a/c and I aint doing it anymore! So he went to Walmart but all they had were 5050btu ones hardly big enough to cool my bathroom never mind the entire downstairs! He brought it home anyway and we put it in the living room but while it did cool it down a little it just didnt do the trick. Yesterday I started calling around and found a 12000btu one so I went and got that and OMG what a difference! I actually had to turn it OFF last nite at one point! So the little 5050btu one is going to go upstairs in the hall so maybe it will help keep it cooler up there and keep this cool air from being wasted by going up there. We r all just sleeping downstairs for now its so hot up there. I just cant imagine the kids sleeping up there. Atleast its cooler in here and I dont have to worry about the kids and dogs and other critters having heat strokes! Thats what I was really afraid of. I was sick feeling myself and barely ate for two days and the kids get even sicker than I do when its hot. When Josh was a baby we used to have to go to our bookstore with him to cool off because he would throw up. So yeah this is much nicer now thats for sure! Last week we went and got one of those 4 foot x 15 foot metal pools from Walmart. We used to have one a little bigger when I was a kid but living on the pond really we didnt need it when I grew up. Now though with the kids and with the pond as nasty as its been lately we really needed something bigger than the 2 foot blow up one weve had for the past few summers lol. So we got the thing home and then we had to order sand to put under it because the ground isnt level at all and the yard has so many rocks. Well the sand finally came yesterday morning but it was so damn hot no one wanted to work on the pool. Hopefully tonite Wayne can atleast get the sand moved to where it has to go so we can have it up and filled by the weekend when mom comes home from Georgia. She left this morning for a work trip and comes back late Friday nite so the kids wont see her till Saturday. Well Im officially another year older BUT Im still not as old as Wayne LOL! Speaking of Wayne I almost killed him yesterday! He went and got strawberries so I could make shortcake for my bday. Well when I started cutting them they were so rotten there were fruit flies coming out of them! OMG I was so pissed. $15 worth of berries in the trash can. Atleast I got my tattoo though so that makes up for it lol and Pat stopped and got an emergency cake at BigY which was actually a decent cake for a change! Mom got me this really nice grave rubbing (rubbing not robbing people! RUBBING!) kit which is cool and Im definitely taking it with me to Salem next time I go and T ordered me the Ghost Hunters book Ive been searching for and it actually came BEFORE my bday! 5 years weve known each other and this is the first time either of us has gotten a gift on time LMAO! Of course she forgot to tell me happy bday yesterday till like 3pm so I have to kick her ass for that but the book helped ease the pain LOL! Well thats about it! Im off to bask in my a/c and I think the kids and I r gonna make some frozen dog treats today! Until next time!

0 comments: