BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Remember when cereal came with a toy? Coupons were printed on the inside of packages?

Where did those days go? Cereal used to come with a toy. And not just certain cereals either really when u think about it damn near all of them did! Even when Josh was little most cereals still came with a toy. Then by the time Angelina was born once in awhile u would find a toy but not very often. Now its RARE that u find one! Sure u can save up 500 proofs of purchase and send them to the company along with $29.99 shipping & handling to occasionally get ur "free toy" but even thats not very often these days. WTFS up with the cheap ass cereal companies? Yeah I get that everything costs more to make now a days but really come on. With all they spend on tv ads and coupon printing just to make it so us parents have to buy the name brand cereals our kids drool over *when was the last time u saw WalMart brand cereal advertised on tv hey* they could atleast throw in a damn toy! Another thing that annoys me is coupons on the inside of packages. Remember when soup cans had coupons printed on the inside of their labels? Boxes had coupons printed in side? My Grandmother used to have a COLLECTION of these coupons! She had a big envelope she kept them in and she would always have a couple to use when she went shopping. Most people dont even bother looking anymore because they never find any! Is it so hard to throw a 50 cent coupon into a box here and there? Really the majority of people wont even use em so it wont cost the company that much but shit give em to those of us who actually still look from time to time! Im 34 years old. I shouldnt be sitting here like an old lady saying "Remember back when I clipped coupons from soup cans?" WTF! My Mom saying that ok. Maybe. Not that she ever clipped coupons but still. But me? No! Give me my coupons and free toys damnit! Ok I need coffee.

0 comments: